Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Amber and Mandy


Korean Girls
 

We have been blessed with the opportunity to have many wonderful Korean girls ranging from the ages of 12-26 come to visit us. This was all made possible by our wonderful son Ammon and our daughter-in-law Jenni. These girls have come to learn English mainly but have enjoyed learning all about family. Sometimes these girls come together and sometimes they come alone. Our first was Jasmine, followed my Alexis and her sister Kiley, then came Amber and Mandy.

We love all of them but right now I only have pictures of Amber and Mandy so for now we will talk about them. I will add pictures of the others later.

Mandy and Amber are party planners professionally so you can bet we took advantage of that! We threw a party with a special theme...can you guess what it was? Of course, FROZEN! :) I'm currently working on rounding up some pictures of this because it was AWESOME!

When these girls visit they can't help but fall in love with Nathaniel.




Can you blame them? He's stinking cute huh?





 
When these girls come we make it no secret that we are LDS. They participate in all of our activities including scripture study, prayers, church, horseback riding, cooking for all 50 of us, shopping, haying and shooting (one of our favorites but we only have the 18 and up girls do this activity). Most of these girls have never shot a gun and they LOVE it as much as we do. See...



 
 
Ok, I know we are talking about our Korean girls but I couldn't help adding this picture of my super handsome husband

 
 
Back to the girls.
Like I said earlier they know we are LDS and most of them do not join the church. Mandy, however, fell in love with the religion and took the missionary lessons when she got back to Korea. She is now a member! How exciting!
 


CONGRATS MANDY!
I grow very attached to these girls while they are here. When I send them off to the airport to head home it is really hard because they have become part of us. Some of them have promised to come back again soon. I sure hope they do because I love them dearly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment