Friday, December 30, 2016

More Missionaries!

David is in Africa! 

here's his first letter from Zimbabwe:
Dear Mom, 
   I finally made it to Zimbabwe. It is different here, the members are really nice, and its really crazy here but that's okay, i can cope with that. My first two days here we tracted a lot of less active members and we talked with them and they speak a different language, it's called shona. It is very interesting! Everybody thinks I can speak shona and i tell them that i don't. Well I am catching on to the language.  the food is very interesting too, the most popular food is called sadza. it is a kind of corn meal.  tell dale congratulations for me, I'm very exited for him.  i hope he has a great mission.
        So there are these cars here called combies. They are crazy drivers.  I almost got ran over by one.  sometimes me and my companion take them to the area. It is funny to see how crazy they drive, there are a lot of holes in the roads and they drive really fast! The people are willing to listen to the gospel but they have a hard time coming to church.  We have three people planning to be baptized this weekend. The church here is growing really fast. last week we had 9 baptisms in the zone. 
     Tell Lavern good luck in his mission. The MTC is great and he is going to love it.  Tell him to give it everything he has to share with his investigators about the gospel. Thank you for the pictures. When I tell people how many people are in my family they don't believe me. Even my companion doesn't believe me.  
I'll send you pictures of Zimbabwe.
      Tell everybody I love them and tell them the most important thing to do in the MTC is to be obedient. 
Have a very merry Christmas. Ill talk to you face to face in only 13 more days. 
         I know that God lives, I know the church is true, I'm so grateful to be able to serve the Lord in Zimbabwe.

            Love, Elder Richardson

Lavern and Daniel spent a week on a mini mission in November and they loved it! 

Lavern's mission call came while he was gone. We opened it as soon as they got home! 
He is going to the Argentina Posadas Mission!  
we left the house at 3:45 Wednesday morning for the airport. We miss you already! 
Good luck Lavern! You'll do great! 

                                    Thanks for picking him up from the airport Curtis Blaine!



Daniel got his mission call too! He is going to the Chicago West Mission. He's happy that he'll be speaking English :)
He'll report to the MTC January 18th. 






No comments:

Post a Comment