Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Norway Honeymoon

Add caption
Our son Andrew and his wife Lyndsey sent Brian and I on a wonderful Honeymoon. 36 years ago we met in Norway while He was on his mission for the Church and I was there with my parents who were with the Embassy. It is a sweet love story that we wanted to go back and relive. Son't worry he only said about 20 words to me while he was in Norway but I fell in love. When he went home, I went home to find him to let him know he was going to marry me. It worked. We have always wanted to go back together. Andrew and Lyndsey made that possible and for free. Well not for them but for us it was. Thank you to them for an absolutely wonderful time.
So put your feet up and enjoy a peak into our "Romantically Wonderful" honeymoon.


We could see this falls from out our window. I was desperate to get across the fjord and climb it. Brian didn't believe I could.  I'd show him.

The countryside is the most amazingly gorgeous place I have ever seen. It was straight out of a fairytale.

We spent a lot of time at the churches all over the area. We love them.

We hiked back in and around this fjord. So calm and lovely.

There were so many little villages along the fjord.

This is my dream of what a ranch  should look like. Do you think our ranch will ever look like this?

My mighty rower taking me across the Fjord in his classy row boat.

He truly is mighty because we made it…but now we have to go back and after  climbing the falls, too.


Couldn't figure out how to turn this but it is hilarious.

Proof!!!!! I really did it. Haven't climbed in years. I think it made Brian fall in love with me all over again.


Beauty in the extreme.

I was just taking a moment to glory in the fact that I climbed the falls!

Just thought you might like to see the stairs I fell down. I was in pain for days, UGH!





Posing for her true love.

Posing for His true love.


Go, Fight no more. Be at peace!!!!

I love the house that had grass growing on them for insulation. They were everywhere.  

Our humble abode on the Fjord.


This is hundreds of years old. But it looked and felt scary.





I do believe this is the very spot that I first saw Brian. 

This, we think is the pub where we met for church in Honefoss. 

Crazy picture but this is where Brian first heard me sing.


I look a little different from the first time he saw me.

But so does he. Mmmmm!

We ate lunch where he had done so much street contacting. Talk about cool! 



We spent a lot of time in the little stores. 

Waiting for the "trikk"

Out the window at our hotel in Holmenkollen. This is Oslo.

Cool isn't it!



Our last meal before we left for home.

Our last sunset before we had to say good-bye.

Holmenkollen Ski jump. 


On the way home. 

My personal favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment